Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
This position currently reports to the Corporate Controller. The Senior Reporting Financial Analyst will play a key role in the preparation of consolidated financial statements, including reporting packages to senior management and quarterly reports to external parties, footnotes to the financial statements and reporting for the Board of Directors. Position will serve as lead liaison with external auditors and coordinate the preparation of audited financial statements and footnotes. Position will also play a key role in ERP/reporting system enhancements and innovation. Responsibilities will also include performing review and analysis of monthly general ledger data for use in monthly executive and management reports. This position will have high visibility to the SVP - Finance and Chief Accounting Officer and other senior executives.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with the preparation of internal reporting to executive management, the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee,
• Assist with the preparation of external reporting for financial covenants,
• Serve as liaison with external auditors to ensure a timely and efficient audit process (including maintaining and providing support related to the financial statements and disclosures, and coordination of auditor requests),
• Assist with the preparation of supporting materials for acquisitions/divestitures and new/expanding business lines,
• Growing role in technical accounting research over time (including implementation and reporting associated with new accounting pronouncements),
• Will grow into super-user role of ERP/reporting systems,
• Active participant in initiative to reduce the month-end close cycle,
• Perform special projects for management on an as needed basis.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Time Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Technical Capacity
• Customer/ Client focus
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA or CPA candidate required
• Minimum of three years of Big 4 public accounting experience or five years of a combination of public and non-public accounting experience.
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Extreme diligence and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficiency with e-mail and Microsoft Office applications, including strong Excel capability
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, problem solving, and results