Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that each team member is giving the highest level of customer service, and treating patients with the utmost respect.
- Serves as resource and role model for ED and maintains consistent communication within the department; provides conflict resolution for ED issues
- Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues in collaboration with Chief Nursing Officer and other staff
- Ensures all clinical procedures are followed to ensure patient safety, comfort, and quality
- Evaluates ongoing patient care and reports patient problems/concerns to the appropriate team members
- Achieves consistency in facility labor practices and employee relations through collaboration with Human Resources to ensure personnel policy development and communication to staff
- Responsible for hiring and termination along with coordinating necessary HR approvals
- Monitor, coach, develop and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards
- Ensure staff is fully certified, inspections are current, and ED is performing in accordance with policies, procedures, and governmental regulations
- Responsible for implementation and education of all new policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly work schedule for department, schedule all PTO, and minimize overtime. Review all department hours and submit to payroll
- Coordinates and conducts monthly facility meetings
- Responsible for covering any open nursing shifts in the event no one is available
- Train new staff on how to use the equipment, follow policy and procedures, know their duties, and become familiar with the work environment
- Responsible for conducting regular inventory checks and ensuring the department maintains par levels of patient care supplies
- Coordinates, collects, analyzes and prepares reports or data for hospital management
- Coordinates and assists with design and implementation of nursing care across the organization
- Develops and maintains relationships with EMS and transfer facilities in the service area
- Participates in activities promoting professional growth. Promotes a professional image of the nursing profession and the Company. Maintains and respects confidentiality
- Assesses nursing qualifications and develops programs enabling nurses to meet or exceed their required competency levels.
- Initiates in-service programs for all levels of staff
- Upholds the mission and vision of the Company and actively participates in developing and managing strategic efforts with Leadership team
- Initiates and handles progressive discipline within the service line
- Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with TJC, state and federal agencies, commercial carriers or other regulatory bodies where appropriate
- Participates in defined and established meetings of the executive leadership and with other critical and managerial leaders.
- Other ED initiatives and priorities identified in collaboration with the ED Medical Director, CEO or CNO to support ED throughput, quality of care, patient satisfaction or other aspects of the delivery of Emergency care
- Attendance requirements are based on your current role and status of position (FT, PT or PRN). Please direct attendance requirements to your immediate supervisor and/or refer to the Employee Handbook for more attendance/scheduling details/policies
Manages Clinical Staff
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.