Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
The Quality Assurance Specialist reports to the Director, Revenue Integrity. Performs responsible and complex administrative work planning, developing, coordinating and implementing training programs and services; develops and evaluates training methodology and curriculum content. The position involves creation of training materials such as case studies, PowerPoint presentations and recorded training sessions, etc. The Quality Assurance Specialist primarily conducts/trains and facilitates systems training, ongoing/refresher training and development programs for employees. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Functions:
• Plan and schedule training dates within outlook to prepare for training days with revenue integrity employees.
• Produce analytical reports or written materials having high organizational impact in appropriate format.
• Instructs, teaches and facilitates training programs.
• Develop and monitor quality assurance programs and documentation of key indicators.
• Remains current in job specific procedures in order to apply the most appropriate methodologies by attending conferences, educational program and seminars, reading professional publications, using the internet and participating in professional organizations.
• Assist with development, implementation, or evaluate new and existing training programs. Help to manage the development of instructor-level training to maintain and ensure standardization of instructional materials, handouts, tests, lesson plans and delivery.
• Reviews outside provider training programs to ensure the highest standards are maintained, content remains current and instruction is proficient; participates in the development and updating of policies, procedures, administrative rules, goals and objectives
• Design, plan, organize and direct orientation and training policies, programs and materials.
• Demonstrate professional conduct. Comply with company/departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitor and maintain standardized appearance of training materials.
• Continually assess training needs through surveys, employee interviews and feedback.
• Exercise sound judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
• Convert ideas and concepts into an effective combination of audio and visual impressions.
• Conduct research, gather information and analyze a variety of data to stay updated on the latest trends and practices.
• Attendance requirements are based on your current role and status of position (FT, PT or PRN). Please direct attendance requirements to your immediate supervisor and/or refer to the Employee Handbook for more attendance/scheduling details/policies.
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Understand and carry out company mission; demonstrate in day-to-day operations.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational and customer service skills focused on internal and external clients.
• Manage processes to a deadline.
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Interact with all levels of staff and outside clients in a professional manner while developing relationships that will enhance the business unit.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job and shares such information only on a need to know basis for work purposes. Handles confidential materials while using sound judgment. Files all office records as necessary.
• Ability to convert ideas and concepts into an effective combination of audio and visual impressions.
• Understand copyright restrictions in regard to the development and delivery of training programs.
• Interact with all levels of staff and outside clients in a professional manner while developing relationships that will enhance the business unit kills in formulating concepts and developing strategies and solutions for training needs
• Accept and promote organizational goals and functions with minimal supervision
• Work objectively with a diverse group of people and demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and office managerial skills
• Demonstrate initiative and strive to continually improve processes and relationships
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or healthcare related field. Experience may substitute for education.
• Three (3) years professional experience in healthcare, developing, evaluation, quality assurance and training programs.
• Clear and pleasant speaking voice.
• Able to work independently, prioritize workload to meet established goals/timelines with minimal direct supervision.
• Good organizational/multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Research skills necessary to develop and maintain training materials.
• Must be able to respect and maintain highly confidential information.
• Typing/word processing.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
• Possess the ability motivate employees in order to create trust, team spirit and professionalism.