Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
Coders are responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of ensuring that all charges are coded appropriately and submitted for coding. Obtains medical information from facilities when required to code and post the claim(s). This is a non- exempt position.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Functions:
There are no supervisor responsibilities required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover in detail, or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
• At least 2 years of experience in a medical office
• CPC, CPC-H, CPC-A or CPC-H-A certified preferred; if not certified, must obtain certification within 12 months of employment
• Ability to abstract ICD-10-CM and CPTs from medical records required
• Knowledge in anatomy and medical terminology required
• Ability to meet and maintain 2.5 minutes per chart with an accuracy of 90% or greater
• Must incorporate excellent customer service skills in dealing with personnel, physician, peers and clients
• Must express information in a clear, concise and organized manner
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Must use problem solving process in making business and personnel decisions
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills