Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
***Adeptus' Corporate Office will be relocating from Lewisville to Irving, TX in January 2018***
This position is responsible for monitoring the financial functions within the hospitals and free standing emergency rooms (FCERs/HOPDs) with a geographic market(s). Prepare key regulatory reports on behalf of the facilities within the market. Partner with key functions within the corporate organization, such as accounting, revenue integrity, operations, legal, supply chain and strategy. Hours are Monday – Friday, may require extended hours during peak times. This is an Exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover in detail, or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational Skills
• Communication Proficiency
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
• Accountable for specific performance
• Ability to assist with payroll
• Assist a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues
• Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
• Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
• Exceptional work ethic
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting
• 5+ years’ experience working, including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reporting
• 5+ years’ experience working in healthcare as a financial decision support capacity
• Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
• The ability to create procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate