Hands-on, well rounded IT professional with expertise in all facets of IT support in a 24x7 environment. This position is primarily focused on supporting employees in a healthcare environment, primarily in Phoenix AZ region, but may include travel to and within multiple regions and facilities. Works as part of the larger IT team to build, support and maintain existing and new IT systems, including primary responsibility for support end-users.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Job Functions:
- Pro-actively identify and prevent customer issues by identifying problems through sound troubleshooting skills; provide timely resolution to keep IT networks "highly available" per company SLA management guidelines.
- Work with other IT support staff to help resolve and reduce frequency of user-impacting system issues
- Participate in IT projects as instructed by supervisor
- Setup and maintain new facility infrastructure as part of larger team
- Setup, upgrade, maintain end-user systems such as tablets, PC’s, laptops, thin-clients, printers, scanners, phones and similar, including relevant software applications
- Maintains up to date system/network documentation
- Provides status and project reporting to supervisor as requested
- Diagnose software and hardware problems
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation team as requested
- May include evening/weekend hours during upgrades, emergencies or other projects
- Track, prioritize and document user requests using an IT support Helpdesk and Change Control system.
- Attendance requirements are based on your current role and status of position (FT, PT or PRN). Please direct attendance requirements to your immediate supervisor and/or refer to the Employee Handbook for more attendance/scheduling details/policies
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Have strong and demonstrable troubleshooting and communication skills
- Be willing and able to research and learn new skills, systems, techniques, troubleshooting and other methods
- Be able to work with little direction, prioritize work efficiently, and stay busy in lieu of direct supervision
- Demonstrate competency in tactical thinking with strong relationship skills.
- Proven ability to reconcile conflicting needs and obtain consensus from multiple views
- Work effectively in team environment